Thursday, June 10, 2010

ALL-STAR GAME

TY PITCHING

PLAYING 2ND BASE

TY AND THE COACHES
BRADY HANSEN, TY, JAKE CROPPER

3A ALL-STAR SOUTH TEAM
On Saturday June 5th, Ty played in the All-star game in Ogden. It was played at the Lindquist field. The game went 12 innings and the Utah South team won 9-8. For graduation we took Ty and Kyle and some of their friends on a cruise.(I will post those pics later). We found out that Ty had been chosen to play on the all-star team the week before we left so we made a quick change of plans. Instead of all of us driving home, we flew Ty and Russ home Friday after we got off the ship so that they could make it to the banquet that night. Kyle and I drove home from Long Beach Friday and then to Ogden Saturday morning. (I still haven't recovered.) Jackie and Chris and their boys came to the game too. It was so awesome to have them there with us. It is so nice to have some family support. Thanks Jackie and Chris we really appreciated it.

TAYA, HUNT, AND MASON


MASON, TY, AND HUNT
When Ty was at the banquet one of our friends from Richfield congratulated him on making the Deseret News All-state 1st team. The paper came out Thursday so we didn't know about it. We are way excited about that. And then there was an article in the Friday paper about the All-star game and it mentioned Ty in there. So that was cool. We haven't heard anything on the Tribune yet. I hope he gets something there too. Ty really deserves it. He has worked hard at baseball and all the sports and it is so neat for him to get some recognition. I have been so bugged about the Delta High School awards that I guess this makes up for them. DHS has a couple of athletic award and the one that Ty was totally qualified for was one that was in honor of one of my moms relatives. For as long as I can remember that award has gone to an athlete that played 3 sports and was a good all-around kid. Well, I had a teacher come up to me after the assembly and told me that they had changed the reguirements so that the kid that got it was eligible. I think that that kid is a great kid but he didn't play 3 sports and hasn't played 3 sports since he was a freshman. I think that it should have gone to someone that met the requirements in the first place. But there is nothing that can be done about it. I just don't agree with changing the requirements when there was someone that fit them in the first place. I also had a coach (that was bugged by it all) tell me that Ty was "everything that that award represented". Maybe now that I have vented I can get over it. To paraphrase Mark Twain, It is better to have deserved honor and not to have received it than to have received it and not deserved it. I am thrilled that Ty has received this recognition that he so much deserved.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Nobody keeps me in the loop! I didn't know any of this stuff! That is awesome that Ty-Man made the all-star team as well as Deseret News and All! What a great guy Ty is! Good Luck to him in Montana! I hope that the cruise was fun! What an exciting time this is for all you Churches!!!!

Blog Archive

Kyle on a "41 trap"

Kyle on a "41 trap"
Best Friend Kayson blocking for Kyle

So excited!!!

FUN with the Cousins

FUN with the Cousins

MASON AND TY

MASON AND TY
Best Buds