Thursday, March 31, 2011

BEST Birthday EVER!!!

On March 18th, we finally got Ty's mission call. We thought it would be here on Wednesday or Thursday but instead, it came on my BIRTHDAY!!!

We got up early that day and got to Moab(Kyle had a tournament) by noon so that we could skype it if it actually came. I am so thankful for modern technology. The coach let Kyle off at the motel for a few minutes so that he could be there too. We were all so nervous awaiting his call.

So, Ty is going to the WISCONSIN, MILWAUKEE MISSION. He leaves for the MTC on Aug. 10th. I am so excited!

Crazy thing about his call was that one of his best childhood friends, Taylor Shamo, got his call the day before to the same exact mission. I thought Ty was teasing me because of Taylor's call. But, he wasn't and I am so thrilled. I hope they are put as companions sometime.

Thanks T-Y TY for being such a great young man. You have made being a mom such a blessing!!! Love you.

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a great birthday present!! He will be a wonderful missionary.

Blog Archive

Kyle on a "41 trap"

Kyle on a "41 trap"
Best Friend Kayson blocking for Kyle

So excited!!!

FUN with the Cousins

FUN with the Cousins

MASON AND TY

MASON AND TY
Best Buds